If you are one of the poor souls who has begrudgingly visited this blog a time or two in the past TWO MONTHS waiting for the lazy author to get off her duff and update, well….I guess you’re in luck today!!!
Please forgive me. Please? Pretty please?
I have found myself in a whirlwind of activity, completely self-imposed, and have completely shied away from the computer with the exception of checking my coupon blogs (all 50+ of them) a few times a day and friend's blogs.
I have also found the beauty of DVRing everything that I might possibly watch throughout the day. This has resulted in my spending many an evening on the couch zoned for 3-4 hours filling my mind with mindless junk along with some helpful homemaker info completely commercial free. Not anything to be proud of, I know. But, again, the whirlwind amount of new stuff that’s been on my plate has created quite the lazy evening monster in me IF I'm home.
Lately I have been:
-Planning and leading my Clipper Chicks meetings every Monday night. It’s crazy, but there are well over 20 women coming to every meeting. Some ladies have heard about us in checkout lines and have showed up at the meeting being TOTAL strangers! Kinda weird and overwhelming, but exciting too.
I’ve discovered several times in the past weeks that I’ve become a victim of my own success as many of the best CVS deals have been completely sold out among the 8 or so CVS’s all across Naples just one or two days into the sale. Bummer, but I’m learning to get in early on Sunday morning or I’m out of luck.
-Homeschooling a Pre-K 3 Curriculum for Hunter. Last month was insects. This month is oceans. Next month is farming and harvest. We’ve been attending story time at the library on Wednesdays and getting lots and lots of books to go along with our monthly theme.
Hunter's first library card
Hunter has learned all of his letter sounds and is beginning to read 3 letter words with a short vowel sound. I have to say that NOTHING has been more thrilling than to be by his side as he sounded out his first word. It was so awesome!!! What a gift to be able to teach my own son! The BEST teaching high I've ever had!
He also knows his address, phone number, birthday, days of the week, and months of the year, as well as several Bible verses. He’s learning the names and locations of states, continents, and oceans for geography. He’s helping around the house by learning to fold laundry, do the dishes, walk the trash can back to the house from the street, and sharing with and be kind to his brother. Today we worked on counting by two’s and five’s. One area where we need to work a little more on is his writing. He’s still not writing his full name, only one or two letters, but we’re getting there.
-I’m teaching Cubbies on Wednesday nights at our church. Hunter is in my class, of course, and things have been going well. It’s been a bit of a learning curve for me, but things are starting to get settled after being 4 weeks in and Hunter is having a great time! Pictures of Hunter in his Cubbies vest are coming soon! Promise!
-I’m on the steering team for the MOPS group at my church and leading a table. Yesterday was our first MOPS meeting of the year and it was great! I have some old friends at my table and some new faces that I’m excited to get to know.
Both Hunter and Nathanael have had a bad chest and sinus cold the past week, so they weren’t able to go in the nursery yesterday during our first meeting. They did pretty well on blanket time for about the first 45 minutes or so, but after that they were done. I’m praying that they stay healthy and well for the remainder of the MOPS meetings throughout the year because it was quite the challenge balancing my time between my table and the boys throughout the morning.
-My friend Michele has invited us to be a part of a small Bible class for pre-schoolers on Tuesday mornings. We’re starting next week and using an AWESOME curriculum that goes really in-depth into Bible stories and introduces solid theology. We’ll be using the Praise Factory curriculum which is totally FREE and downloadable from the web. I’m totally pumped about this and really wanting to put this at the forefront of all that Hunter’s involved in this year. The quest for knowledge is NOTHING without the wisdom that being a true follower of Christ brings. I really want my little warrior to have a sincere heart for God that’s built on Biblical truth and solid doctrine. This little class seems to have some key ingredients to help him along his way.
When all is said and done, Friday is the only day we don’t have anything going on! Kinda crazy, but I’m really excited to be serving the Lord and my family in so many ways in this awesome season of life that I’m in. I feel so blessed that I’m able to be home right now and embracing all the opportunities I can for my boys to grow in the saving knowledge of Jesus!
Wishful thinking on mommy's part. Ehem...I'll get back to you on that one.




4 comments:
Dude, you are busy! You do a great job of all of it. We're so glad we get join you in all of this craziness.
You ROCK momma.
Whew...I need a nap after reading that:-) haha. I'm glad you are able to do so much...way way more than I could do.
Way to go Hunter on learning so much so fast! Great job to both of you:-0
It looks like having the boys being nearly naked for the shaving cream was a really good idea on your part. It looks like they had a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.
Yayyyy! I am SO glad you're back! I admit, I am very jealous of your DVR. Because it steals YOU away from ME. Yes, you must update your blog, even if it's just for my sake. It looks like Hunter and Nathanael aged about 5 years since your last post, and that better not ever happen again, missy.
You are doing a fantastic job, it looks like, with home schooling. I had first graders who definitely did not know all their letters/sounds, months of the year, and all of that.
One thing I did to help Nicholas learn to write his name was draw it in bubble letters and have him color it, cut it apart and let him put it together like a puzzle (we did that every day with the preschoolers. Once they got their first name in proper order we added their last name).
Anyway, good job. You are influencing the lives of many women and their families through Clipper Chicks and MOPS, as well the lives of your little ones. Just make sure you take time to BREATHE and BLOG! :-D
Post a Comment