Saturday, February 19, 2011

20 Fun-Filled Pictures of Valentine's Day at The Pence Household

The table set before everyone woke up. All three boys got a box of candy hearts and some chocolate. I got a special card for my big, hunk of a man and the my little boys got a special Valentine's Day cup.

Josh's card
We had organic strawberry pop tarts (a first at our house) and strawberry banana smoothies. The boys were pretty excited about the pop tarts, but they'd never seen one before and weren't quite sure how to eat it. Ha!!
Making fresh whipped cream for our fresh strawberry snack.
The other little boy is "T", a sweet 2-year-old that I babysit.
Tasting the whipped cream
Eating the fruit of our labor.
Dipping strawberries in the whipped cream
Valentine's Day sensory tub. I got the idea from this AMAZINGLY AWESOME website last year and saved all the stuff again for this year.




Lunch: Heart shaped chicken salad sandwiches, dried cranberries, heart shaped cheese, and carrot circles. Didn't have the time to do something hearty with the carrots...


Next activity: Beaded heart craft with pipe cleaners. I can also take no credit whatsoever for this as my brilliant and talented best bud Michele came up with a similar candy cane craft for a Christmas cookie party not too long ago.



"T" looks quite sad in this picture, but he really wasn't. We had a grand time doing this craft right after nap time.

Next activity: Cheater Heart-Shaped cookie decorating.
Whipped up a batch of pink homemade frosting and got to work.
Why, yes!
We did do this after nap time. What gave it away???
Daddy came home early and joined in on the fun.
A great Valentine's Day was had by all. Hunter was overheard saying, "I wish EVERY day was Valentine's Day!"

I had such a great time making this a special day for my sweet boys. It's a privilege to be home to do such fun things with them. AMEN!

No comments: