**WARNING**
This post contains a photo that might upset tender-hearted, sensitive and empathetic mamas.
Grandmas should just stop reading right now.
Grandmas should just stop reading right now.
This is a photo of a little boy who is thrilled beyond words to be in line to ride the Cheetah Hunt roller coaster at Busch Gardens for the very first time. He was elated when he discovered that he grew the extra inch needed to ride since the last time we went to Busch Gardens in July.
This boy has nothing of the attitude of his big brother when he was in the same predicament, as can be seen here. His big brother was terrified and nauseous while waiting his turn in line to ride this roller coaster. He was only doing it for the $20 that his dad promised he'd pay him if he faced his fear.
But, this boy squeezed and hugged his mother multiple times during the long wait and looked up at her with bright, excited eyes saying, "I can't beweive I am goin' to ride the Cheetah!! I'm so excited!!"
This is a photo of the boy who is going to be the very next person on the ride, in the FRONT car, in the DARK of night. Did you catch that?? Front car. Dark of night. First ride on a major roller coaster....ever! He's 5 and in kindergarten, folks.
This time this boy's mother was NOT cheap and sprung for the $15 photo of her son on the roller coaster. In the photo below you can see a boy who looks as though his soul is being taken from his body and he is looking death directly in the eyes.
Would you believe me if I told you that not only did this boy high five me after the above photo was taken and say, "Wow! That was so exciting!" and "That was awesome!" and "I can't bewieve I rode the Cheetah!"? Not only did he say these things, but the very next day he and his big brother waited in line again to ride the Cheetah. This time in a middle car and not the front, but still!! And they were both smiling and happy and thrilled and just a teeny bit scared during the ride.
So, no. Despite what one might think from the photo, there will be no long-term counseling needed as a result of this experience for either of my big boys. :) And Nathanael nearly cried when it was time to leave the park and sadly told me multiple times, "I'm gonna miss the Cheetah..."
Sniff, sniff.
Here is a video of the Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens:




3 comments:
hahahaha...that was one of the best roller coaster pictures I've ever seen! Love it! He's like Hannah....fearless.
Oh Teri I can't stop laughing at that picture! Oh that face! He will remember it forever.
That picture just made me crack up! Priceless!
Post a Comment