Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gross-Out Mommy Tip #1 - Common Household Items to Use When a Harmonica Falls in Your Toilet with #2

Being as that I have two boys, I imagine there will be several lessons learned for me to pass along to you as tips should you someday find yourself in the same situation. The title of these blogs will be: Gross-Out Mommy Tips.

Tip #1 - Common Household Items to Use When a Harmonica Falls in Your Toilet with #2
(If you're confused..this is not tip #2. This is tip #1. The #2 is in the toilet.)

Pictured here you see the harmonica, happily existing as it's supposed to in Hunter's mouth as he cheerfully plays it while posing for a picture with his brother. As you can see, Nathanael is not very thrilled with the hot-pink George-Washingtonish headpiece that he is being forced to wear for this picture.
Pictured below you see a variety of utensils used in attempt to fish the harmonica out of the toilet after Hunter proudly used his big boy skill of going by himself on the potty (while, unbeknownst to me, playing his harmonica.) Which one do YOU think got it out after multiple attempts from the depths of the disgusting toilet?

Utensils: A springy, metal-pronged grabber; stainless steel tongs; a stainless steel slotted spatula/turner; a Calphalon grilling fork.


And the winner is...............

The Stainless Steel Tongs!

I bet you knew that was the one all along, huh? You're so smart!

To summarize: Always go for the tongs when a harmonica falls in your toilet.

P.S. - You're all invited over to my house for some salad tomorrow! :)

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow I can't wait for these moments. How about what do you use to get the toy mouse out of the toilet that your cat keeps trying to drown. First its his water bowl but that didn't do the job, so its the toilet.
Thanks Leo!

Beth H said...

Too funny!! And having to sanitize it all afterward. I bet the next time he plays you'll still cringe a little.

...funny you coin me as Earthy FreecycleNaples Mom....he he he...I guess you're right.

Art Teacher said...

I totally would have used the tongs also! At least he's keeping your days exciting!

Erin said...

oh gross i am cracking up! tooooo funny. oh the joys of boys :-)

Kara said...

Too funny! Don't boys do the weirdest things???? You are one brave mom to fish it out, sanitize it, and give it back! Me? I'd be hollerin' "DAAAAAVID! Just look at what YOUR child did!" (they always belong to the other parent when they do stuff like thins, you know!) :) I've said it before, and I'll have to say it again...YOU ARE MY MOMMY-HERO! ;)