Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mom's House and Dino Playground

Last week the boys and I took a mini-vacation to my mom's house in Kansas City. We were gone for five cool, lovely days. When I go there it really makes me want to move from Florida. I always want to move from Florida, but when I go anywhere else I REALLY want to move. I miss the change of seasons and soft, beautiful grass that you can lie in up north and not worry about fire ants attacking you or being poked by hard, bristley grass blades. My mom has got a really nice yard that she's worked very hard on over the past several years complete with a fish pond and a little boy statue that pees off of the deck into a lovely container of flowers. Umm....make that two boys.
Playing in Grandma's YardNathanael turned 5 months old at Grandma's house!
Nathanael taking his first bite of real food on his 5-month birthday. Mmmm...banana!
He likes it!At the Rainforest Cafe with Grandma

Hunter scared out of his wits during the thunderstorm at the Rainforest Cafe.Hunter tells Grandma, "Don't be scared. That not real."

Here we are trying again with some sweet potato when we got home. Not having as much luck with this one.

DINO PLAYGROUND
A few nights ago I got a coupon in the mail for $10 off Buca DiBeppo (what's up with that name, I have no idea). Josh and I ate there a L O N G time ago, but it had been a while and we decided to get some take-out and head over to Dinosaur Playground in Naples to eat and play a little bit. We'd never been there before and I'd heard it was a great place to go for toddlers. And it was a great place! Hunter has been going a little stir-crazy because he's not allowed outside. You see, if he went outside the mosquitoes would carry him away while they ate his legs off. SO, this trip to Dinosaur Playground was a much needed chance to burn off some gross-motor energy and "fuss-house" (rough-house) with Daddy. We had a very good time, for the most part. Except for the spider...

6 comments:

Art Teacher said...

The picture of the peeing little boys is making me crack up!

Jennifer said...

When I nannied I took the boys to Dino playground...it is a lot of fun, but my boys only liked to play with the Thomas train track...and they have one at their house. So it was almost a waste, because they would be snobs and not share with anyone. Little stinkers. Call me!!

NaplesRhonda said...

Oh my goodness...those were about the cutest pictures I have ever seen in my life!!! What a beautiful family!!

The Old Life said...

Hi Teri!
I'm glad you liked the recipes, the newest muffins are my favorite!

If I do make ones with wheat flour ever just substitute the 1 1/2 cup wheat flour for rice flour and your good to go!

I'll be praying your darling little boy dosent have trouble with the allergies as well.

I decided to make a lot of gluten free becasue my mom has some food allergies as well as one of my good friends, who has celiac.

Take care,
nice to meet you!

Ashley

Michele said...

Oh my word...I about spit water out of my nose when I saw the peeing pictures...hahahha. When my brother was growing up, he would be Inside the house and realize he has to pee...so, he'd run OUTside the house to do it on a tree. I bet Hunter will be like that:-)

I miss you...can we hang out again soon?

Kara said...

I agree with the others who love the peeing boys pic...and what a GREAT blackmail picture for later!!! LOL!

I love the Dino playground...but we haven't been in like, forever! Maybe we can take all the boys together sometime! :) That would be so much fun! :)