Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Mornin Shoppin

I had a pretty good morning with my good buddy Michele at CVS. The girl has only been couponing at CVS twice and she's already way better than me at it. Check her blog to track her awesome savings. Afterwards I headed off to Publix by myself and locked my keys in the car along with my cell. :( Never fear. Josh came with the kids, rescued me and we headed off to Whole Foods with the kids to get some formula, milk, and baby food with our coupons!

CVS Transaction 1:
i bought:
4 GUM 2-pacs of toothbrushes - $3.99 each
2 Brach Indian Corns - $1.29 each
1 Just For Men Hair Color - $7.99 each

subtotal $28.12 with tax

Used:
$15.96 in ExtraCare Bucks (ECB)
$5 off $25 CVS coupon
= $5.91 OOP (Out-of-Pocket)

received:
$15.96 ecb for GUM toothbrushes
$2.58 ecb for Brach Indian Corn
$7.99 ecb for Just for Men PLUS a $7.99 mail in rebate here
(There's also a $2/1 Just for Men Printable, but I forgot to print it)

summary:
spent $15.96 ecb + $5.91 oop (out-of-pocket)
received $26.53 ecb
will receive $7.99 for Just for Men Mail-in-Rebate (MIR)
total profit: $12.62

CVS Transaction 2:
i bought:
3 Huggies Pull-Ups - $9.99 each
1 Cottonelle 4 Pack - $4.29 each
2 Almond Joys - $.50 each

subtotal $37.38 with tax

Used:
$5 off $25 CVS coupon
$.50/1 Cottonelle
3 - $2/1 Huggies
$23.95 in ExtraCare Bucks (ECB)

= $ 0.22 OOP (Out-of-Pocket)

received:
$10.00 ecb for Huggies Diaper Deal

summary:
spent $23.95 ecb + $0.22 oop (out-of-pocket)
received $10 ecb

Publix - Don't have a picture but, in summary -
I bought:
1 - Mylicon Drops
1 - Ft. Myers News Press
1 - Naples Daily News
4 - 12-packs Pepsi Products (for hubby)
1 - 12-pack of Cottonelle Ultra (We really needed t.p. this week :)

Total OOP - $21.49
Total Savings with sales and coupons - $17.22

i used:
$2/1 Mylicon
Buy 3 Get 1 Free Pepsi Products
$.75/1 Cottonelle
$5off/$25 Whole Foods Printable

Whole Foods
I bought:
3 - Lifeway Keifer - $3.79/each
6 - Rachel's Gourmet Yogurts - $1.09 - B1G1
1 - Gallon Whole Foods Organic Milk - $5.79
10 - Earth's Best Baby Food - $.95/each

Total Before Coupons and sales - $32.93
I Used:
1 - $1/10 Earth's Best
3 - $1/1 Lifeway Keifer
1 - $5/25 Whole Foods Coupon

Total OOP after coupons - $20.83

Grand Total for the Day without savings and coupons - $137.13
What I paid - $48.45

What I left with - $12 in ecbs and $7.99 MIR Just for Men

4 comments:

Michele said...

Woohoo!!!! Way to go Teri. It's funny that you locked your keys in the car, what a bummer! Thanks so much for teaching me how to coupon for effectivly. It's so much fun!

Beth H said...

WOAH!! That's crazy good!! I'm totally saving this and heading out this week to get some deals. You go momma!

bcl said...

Wow, you have got to help me get coupons. We could really benefit from the savings. I got the paper once but I didn't see any coupons we could use. Any suggestions?

Teri said...

Cherie-
Every store you go to..look for coupons. I get most of them from coupon booklets in the store. Publix usually has really good ones and Whole Foods has got an awesome one right now. I watch the sales and search coupons for things I buy on www.thecouponclippers.com too. There's a link to them on the right side of the front page of my blog. Hope this is helpful!