I've been cooking up a storm lately. I made 3 gluten-free zucchini lasangas in the past couple of days. One to practice, one for my friend Beth (who just had a baby), and one to freeze for my celiac cuz Tracey who's coming in a few weeks for Nathanael's birthday party. Big thanks to Ashley for the meal idea and Jen for coming over and helping me with the practice one. I've come to the conclusion that I'm not the best cook and if I'm gonna serve it to other people, I better practice first.Which leads me to the fact that Nathanael has been a very picky eater lately. Lots of the things he used to LOVE like his formula, sweet potatoes, grapes, pears, squash, he's now totally poo - pooing (no pun intended...and not really a pun because there's no poo poo in his diaper of stuff he doesn't eat..ya follow me?). So, he's basically shoving spoonfulls of food away from his mouth with narrowed eyes quicker than you can say, "Cream of WHAT is all over my just-changed-shirt now?!"
It's gotten me so concerned that I went to Publix last night SANS COUPONS and spent about $30 on high quality ingredients to make split-pea soup. My Aunt Wendy made some of this when we were visiting my cuz Trace in Virginia Beach and Nathanael ate that stuff with a vengeance. So..I made some today and I'm happy to report that he is at least eating one thing that he liked again.
I also roasted a chicken today which turned out a lot like one of those fake rubber ones you buy at the magic shop. But, I can still use the carcass (with the rubber meat still attached because even my game-carving expert husband couldn't pry it off the bone with a cleaver) to make broth, so that's what I'm doing as I type.
To keep things simple and sweet for V-day I gave Josh these homemade coupons. I had lots of fun thinking about what coupons to make and had even more fun watching Josh flip through the book with a big grin on his face. Josh got me a Lisa Leonard necklace I've been wanting ever since my buddies Carly and Beth introduced me to her stuff. My necklace has three square charms bearing the names: Josh, Hunter, and Nathanael.
So...I know it kinda seems over-the-top. A bounce house???? At first thought it's pretty outrageous to me, too. But consider this: 
- I got it on clearance for $160 at ToysRUs with tax return $ (and I was so pumped to find out that it got such great reviews on Amazon AND is being sold for more than DOUBLE what I paid for it.)
- We're having a big birthday bash for Nathanael in March and this will be perfect for our shin-dig.
- It is so stinkin' hot here in the summertime that you'd have to be an ice cube to be remotely comfortable playing outside. Plus, at our house the mosquitoes are so thick they can carry you away. Two choices loom with this situation: dish out $7 a kid and make the 25 minute drive to an indoor playground to get my squirmy boys some exercise or just blow this baby up in the living room in 60 SECONDS and let the kids bounce till they pass out!!!
Here's video of a very tired Josh playing with Hunter despite the fact that he hadn't slept since two days ago. Josh worked Tuesday, Tuesday night (all night), and went straight to work today without even coming home from his night shift. And he still had the energy to play with his boys. He's the best and I'm so grateful my boys have him as their dad!
6 comments:
Thanks for posting again finally! We totally want to come to your house soon. It looks like a carnival!
Great post Teri. I miss you. I love the bounce house. One question...can I get in??? hehehe. We missed you at MOPS today. I hope your little guy is feeling better. We'll talk soon.
Teri...great stuff here!! We LOVED the lasagna and are so grateful that you brought it over!!
AND MAN...that bounce house looks awesome. I'm sure Dexter will love to try it out at the party.
We missed you at MOPS. Hope little man is on the mend.
That is such a fun-looking bounce house! You are so the cool mom on the block! ;)
I missed you at MOPS, too! Don't forget our get-together on Wednesday. Maybe we can do lunch somewhere & then ya'll can come over to my house if you want & the boys can play. If you want to bring the cool bounce house (& it's not too much trouble), then the boys will have Christopher's swingset & the bounce house to play on! :)
Talk to you soon!
This post is linktastic! I was so excited that I got a link too. Woohoo! I think it is wonderfully over the top that your boys have a bounce house to play in and I think that it is even more wonderful that you are willing to set it up in the living room. My mom would have never done that...she would have been all "no bounce houses in the living room girls." Seriously, you're the coolest mom I know!
i have that necklace too! i love it :)
Post a Comment