Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cheating

I've been cheating on my blog with facebook. Sorry. It's so easy and quick, and spying on other people's lives as it occurs minute-by-minute is a delightful vice to have.

In the meantime, I went to CVS and got this stuff for $5.42. Not my best, by any means, but CVS has been pretty dry lately.

Here's to fresh breath, SWFL winter sniffles, a little pep after working three or four double-shifts, excessive ear wax, softer hands while I do dishes, and disguising the scent of dirty diapers with the fresh smell of clean linen and vanilla:

My friend Beth gave birth to her second boy on Friday at the Family Birth Center of Naples. This is her second midwife-without-drugs-birth and the chick did good. She endured just under two hours of hardcore labor and had Emerson Benedict out in two pushes! It was especially suspenseful as no one knew what the sex of her baby was going to be. I was, of course, rooting for a boy for selfish reasons. You can check out her short and sweet birth story post here. In honor of this, I shall post these various pictures of my two boys in hopes that it will give her a glimpse of the fun that is to come for her in the very near future!

Please excuse my poor photography skills and my old, stinkin' camera that doesn't auto focus very well.
And be sure to check out this video of some deep and meaningful brotherly communication at lunch today:


(Music, please...)
Hunter the builder! Can he fix it??? Hunter the builder! Yes he can!!!

He loves it when you sing this to him as he assembles pirate ships of legos and skillfully uses heavy machinery to distribute sand on the lanai from the sandbox. That's all for now! Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey there! Ok so what day this week are you not tutoring and can I and maybe Erick some over? I miss you friend:(

The Old Life said...

H Teri!
1. how do you get all that fabulous free-bargin stuff, I thought I was a pro shopper! I'm dying to know
2. Did what you made work?
3. Their baby is so cute do they have red hair? I love red hair!!!
4. Your boys are darling as always so so boyish I love it!

Ash

Erin said...

oh so cute!!! they are getting big :-) hunter looks very "into it" as he is fixing!

Michele said...

oh Teri, I am dying to have a good CVS shopping trip. I miss the excitement. Can I tag a long again with you sometime?

Art Teacher said...

I really love that you let Nathaneal? use a turkey baster to aspirate his nose. It is very multi-functional. I did not get the bargains that you got a t CVS, but I did get an 8 pack of paper towels for $.03. I hoped you would be proud!