Sunday, December 22, 2013

Hunting by Hunter

 Hi.  My name is Hunter and I'm going to tell you about my hunting trip.  We were hunting in West Virginia looking for White Tail deer.

  This is the first day of hunting.  We hoped to kill one with a bow, but we didn't.  
But I did shoot a doe with my bow in the liver.  It ran off and we didn't find it. I was sad.
 


We were hunting near a river off of a little, dirt road.  I shot this deer at 5 yards.  
It is a button buck.  That is a small buck.
My grandpa Roger and I ate at a Thanksgiving dinner at his church. 
 
 We were eating at his house in this picture. 
 It was my birthday a week before and they gave me a turkey cake and 5 presents.
My favorite present was a future farm.
(More about that in another post.)
 We were at the house where my dad was raised.  
We went inside there and I saw one of his "Player of the Year" football trophies. 
 In my imagination I shot this two-pointer buck, but my dad really shot it. 
 This is a picture of my grandpa when they were about to leave to go see some family. 

 We're eating dinner with my dad's brother and sister and mother. 
 Look at me!  Drinking beer.  Nice lookin' root beer, huh?
This is a picture of me with my dad's sister and brother.  
His other brother isn't here. 
 This is the second deer I shot.  I was at my dad's friend Gary's farm.  We were skinning deer.  We saw this doe.  I tried one shot but hit some wood and blew the wood into pieces.  And then we followed the deer.  And then I popped it.
 This is a picture of me hunting on Gary's farm. 
It was really fun hunting with my dad.  It was harder than I thought.  I had to wait and if you're up north, it's very cold. It felt like my hands would freeze off.  For real.  I'm not kidding.  

I hope you liked looking at my hunting pictures. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That looks fun, Hunter! I wish you could take my husband and boys hunting and show them how. :)