Thursday, July 3, 2008

Poop

WARNING: Do not read this post if you are easily grossed out. Sorry about the disgustingness, but I have to vent.

Hunter is sick with a bad cold. He was coughing his head off all night and I finally got up to let him come and sleep with us around 5 am or so this morning. To help his cough I made him a warm drink of lemon, honey and water on the way to our room and it helped a little. (I should have remembered that Gillian McKeith from You Are What You Eat makes everyone on that show start their mornings with a warm cup of lemon water to get things going, if you know what I mean.)

He was tossing, turning, and still not asleep by 6 am and he wanted to watch TV, so I obliged and set up a little bed on the couch for him. I went back to bed hoping to catch another hour or two of sleep. Lucky for me, he does pretty well staying on the couch and watching TV by himself. Meanwhile, Josh left for work. At about 6:45 I heard Hunter going pee pee in our bathroom and thought to myself, "I have such a good boy. He's going pee pee on the potty without waking me up to help him."

About 10 minutes later I could hear him whining, clearly frustrated by something. He walked into my room and as my eyes were still closed he said, "Mom. Mom. Mom. I got poo poo on my foot." And in my slumbering stupor I sympathetically said, "Aww...you have a boo boo on your foot?" "No, Mom. Poo poo." "WHAT???" I looked at his foot more closely and sure enough, there it was. As I went into the bathroom I saw it all over the toilet seat, in the toilet, and on the floor. I just decided about a week ago to ditch his potty seat cover thing because he was climbing on the potty by himself and staying on very well without it. Big mistake! I wiped up his feet and everything else that had poop on it in the bathroom and walked him back into the living room.

That's when I saw more of smushy brown stuff in a nice pile on my shag area rug that I just cleaned with a rented steam cleaner last weekend. What in the world???? The whole time Hunter is just whining because he knows he messed up, big time. As I was very ticked-offedly cleaning that up he was standing there watching me and he started whining with more intensity. "What is it?" I hissed, by now really losing it. "I got more poo poo on my foot, Mom." And he pointed to the heel of his other foot. Awwwwwggghhhhh. I cleaned up that foot and then noticed the smears all over the floor from the rug to the bathroom. I had not noticed them before because we have lovely, brown wood floors. I put Hunter in time out because it was the most humane way I could deal with him while I cleaned up the rest of the mess over the next ten minutes or so. That's all.

I will not be posting any pictures with this post. Sorry if you're disappointed.

5 comments:

Art Teacher said...

Did you read my post from yesterday...I had a similar start except it was my dog, not my child! You're so funny and poised to be able to write about the trauma so soon after the incident!

Erin said...

Oh my gosh, I can hardly wait. That will be me soon, eh? Yuck!

Renee said...

Bless his little heart. Shelly did that to us wehn she was 2. As funny as it sounds, she pooped all the way up the stairs to our 2nd floor bathroom. There was poo all over. It was the yuckiest and yet cutest thing. Greg and I laughed and laughed and still to this day laugh about it.

Kara said...

Bless your heart! I hope Hunter's feeling better much better...and you, too! (wink, wink) Looking forward to our re-scheduled playdate when Hunter's all better! Talk to you soon!

Michele said...

Oh my goodness....what a mess! I am dreading the day Nicole gets diharea (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong). My dog did that one night in the middle of the night and it got all over her tail. I woke up because of the horrible stench, only to find poop whipped all over our bedroom and bathroom...horrible. I somewhat feel you pain.

I even think it's funny that Josh had already left for work. How do they always get out of messes like that? haha