Monday, August 18, 2008

Bad Guys

Hunter playing under the covers the other day:



Also, a snippet of conversation that occured earlier today between my ever-changing Hunter and I. To set it up, I made avacado-banana smoothies for he and I as a breakfast snack and he decided he didn't like it. Soon afterward his portion "accidentally" ended up all over the floor. This conversation took place after leaving time-out:

Hunter: Where's my smoomie?
Mommy: It's all gone. You dumped it on the floor.
Hunter: Why? Want more.
Mommy: It's all gone. See? (I point to the empty blender).
Hunter: Want Daddy to go get more smoomie.
Mommy: Daddy can't. Daddy's at work.
Hunter: Oh. Daddy at work catchin' bad guys in his troll car?
Mommy: Yes. Daddy's at work catchin' the bad guys in his patrol car .
Hunter: Daddy shoot the bad guys? (as he makes a gun out of both his hands)
Mommy: No. Daddy's not gonna shoot any bad guys today.
Hunter: But, whyyyyyyy?
Mommy: Because Daddy doesn't shoot the bad guys every day.
Hunter: But, whyy? They're bad guys.

I ended it there. I didn't have the mental energy to explain any further.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I love it! I love when you say, "I have no idea what you are saying." Classic. They are so cute!

Jennifer said...

I love your kids!

Michele said...

Oh no...I've heard they start asking why soon. That's gonna make me crazy!I love how the conversation went from a smoomie to the bad guys!

Renee said...

One time count how many times Hunter asks why. You will be amazed. I am so happy those days of asking why are over. Now I am working on the occassional attitude adjustment!

Jennifer said...

What I learned about the plastic is that it will always off gas, because that is its basic composition, the only way it would stop off gassing is if it ceased to be in its plastic state.
Fabrics and woods can stop off gassing but plastic will not because the plastic its self is what is producing the gas.

Erin said...

thanks for the encouraging words! :-) we need a new post from you :-)