Friday, January 23, 2009

BIG Ten-Month-Old Boy!

In just ten short months our amazing God can take a helpless, tiny, precious, little creature from this.....
...to this!!!
Today is Nathanael's official 10-month birthday!! We took him to the doctor about two weeks ago and he is a healthy 23 lbs and 30 inches long. He's back to 90th percentile for height and weight from being 5 percentile back in September :(. I still have such a hard time when I look back at his pictures from that time knowing now that I was starving him and had no idea. If I could rewind time and do it all again (even the labor and everything) I would do ANYTHING just so that he wouldn't have to had gone through that.

But...praise God that was then and THIS is now! :)Nathanael is growing and changing and doing all of the things a normal ten-month-old should:

  • He is crawling all over the place and getting into everything. He is BUSY!
  • He's eating (like a HORSE) pretty much anything I put in front of him. And I don't have to puree food hardly at all anymore. Today he had salmon patties with a side of broccoli for lunch! His absolute FAVE is toast slathered with butter and all-fruit jelly. When you put a morsel of this in his mouth his eyes get real big and he smiles at you like you're his best friend.
  • He's drinking formula like it's going out of style lately. I think he's going through another growth spurt. The past two days he's had around 30-35 ounces of formula along with three big meals each day. I'm anxious to see what the scale will say next time we head to the doctor!
  • He is sleeping through the night a solid 12-13 hours.
  • His front right upper tooth just popped through a few days ago and the left one will be popping through any day as far as I can see
  • He sits himself up from a crawling position
  • He loves to join in on a family rough-house in bed by grabbing me on either side of my head, pushing his forehead to mine, and growling. Growling is very big with this kid.
  • Most of the time he puts up with his big brother's various acts of (loving) torture with a nonchalant & patient attitude. Sometimes he gets ticked, though and will let out a screech of annoyance and take off in the other direction.
  • He waves bye bye by sticking his right arm out and squeezing his hand open and shut. He is fascinated with himself when he does this. He stares at his hand, marveling at his dexterity, even though he's been doing it for about 4 weeks now.
  • His eczema seems to re-appear whenever it gets dry and/or a little cold out. :( We still struggle with it, but overall it is SO much better. The emu oil still works pretty well as his break outs don't seem to get near as bad as long as I stay on top of it with the emu oil.
God bless you, sweet little boy! We are thrilled to have had the pleasure to watch you grow over the past ten months and so look forward to each new day with you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 3/28/08 photo looks a lot like you when you were a baby. Can't wait to see the boys. Mom

Erin said...

precious pictures and a precious baby boy! he's getting so big!!!

Michele said...

That was a super sweet post Teri.

Art Teacher said...

I loved seeing the pictures of Nathaniel when he was brand new! I feel like I have a special bond with him 'cause I was there the day he cam. Changed my life...seriously.