Monday, January 12, 2009

She finally posted something!

I get invigorated every January to clean. Don't you? So, that's what I've been doing since we got home from our Christmas vacation on January 1st. FlyLady is alive and well in some ways around the house: my laundry is done. my dishes are done. my floors are swept. I took a load to Helps Outreach today. I've sorted through the new, mostly WOOD :) toys the boys got for Christmas and have integrated them into our ever-shrinking, monthly toy rotation. But, I've had some other areas that are not so Fly-Lady. For example, I just put away our suitcases yesterday as they've been sitting empty on our bedroom floor for over a week now. And my mount bill-u-vious is looking pretty big and nasty in the office, too. Baby steps...baby steps. I have come to the conclusion that this stay-at-home mom thing has been like learning a new job for me. I'm going to give myself grace for the first year as I'm just learning the ropes. That gives me till March to have to start looking like I've got things together on a regular basis.

Now, please enjoy these random pictures that basically have nothing to do with what I just said:


The CVS stash after the in-laws and I raided their sale on Sunday Dec. 21st. I think we paid about $20 for everything. Included are the GROOVY Ove Gloves I gave as gifts this year and lotsa soda for our Christmas Eve gathering. Sorry about the bad pic. Stupid auto-focus camera that STINKS!
Nana Copeland (Josh's mom) and Nathanael

Out to eat with Nana Copeland and her husband Kenny
Our family on Christmas Eve

Josh' step mom Wally (pronounced "Volley" as in Volleyball) and her daughter Michelle on Christmas Eve
Hunter and Nathanael and their cousins Haley and Christopher
Hunter and his cuz Dylan awaiting the okay to tear into their stash on Christmas Eve.
Nathanael's skin was wicked bad while in West Virginia. :( Here's a picture of him chewing on an adorable wooden car from Maw Maw Wally and Paw Paw Pence. Small, but just the right size for his hands and he LOVES it! Highly recommend.

Hunter and his Auntie Heather (Josh's sister)

Hunter and his new guitar from Santa
Us on Christmas morning
Hunter with his coveted, plasticky "Gorilla Mountain" that he would not shut up about since seeing it at Sam's Club in early November. I caved and told Santa he could bring it for him at the last minute.
The Pirate Tent from Maw Maw and Paw Paw

MawMaw Wally & PawPaw Pence, Hunter and Nathanel on the day we left West Virginia to drive to Virginia Beach
Auntie Tracy, Hunter, and Ashlyn feeding the ducks at the pond in back of Tracey's house in Virginia Beach, VA
Cousins Matthew (3 1/2 mos) and Nathanael (9 mos)
Josh and I before going on a date to see Valkyrie in Virginia Beach as my sweet cuz and her husband volunteered to babysit for us. I'm not pleased with this picture of me, I think I look like a dork, but because of our stinky camera with auto-focus issues this is the only one that turned out.
That's all! Thanks for your patience!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

glad to see you back on the blogosphere!

Art Teacher said...

You are the coolest stay at home mom that I know. I should take a picture of my CVS purchases and placed them next to yours...mine would be sad. I am so excited that you posted, put down the broom and update more, I love seeing pics of the boys! Just kidding, I don't want to be your stumbling block, but I really do love seeing the boys!

Lisa said...

I just stumbled across your blog from a Feejit listing of top Naples blogs. I had to say 'HEY' cuz I live in Naples too. Nice to meet ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see the pics...finally! Mom

Michele said...

I think it's a good picture of you. I LOVE pirate Hunter!!!! And girl....if you've got it together after one year of stay at home moming it...way to go. I am so not together, and I'm pushing 3 years!!!

Look at Lisa's comment...your one of the top Naples blogs? wow!