I'm happy to report that things have been going remarkable well! It's really annoying to me that I'm like this, but I've pretty much figured out that I am an adrenaline junkie and perform my best under pressure. Thus, my sink has been shining since Josh has gone and the kids have had a patient mommy who's been working diligently to maintain a pleasant environment so they don't miss their daddy too much.
Wednesday afternoon was naps as usual followed by a pasta supper with fresh organic spinach and mushrooms. Then baths in the sink and bed. I stayed up as late as possible talking on the phone to Michele for almost 2 hours and watching Lost and some new show on Discovery about 9 people being dumped off in Alaska to fen for themselves. Great show, by the way.
Yesterday we headed out to MOPS in the morning, hit Publix and Sam's on the way home, had leftover pasta for lunch, napped, and had a lovely, low-maintenance dinner of cheese, crackers, raisins, and apples. Nathanael got a bath in the sink again and hit the hay. Hunter and I watched the "Bee Movie" on the couch and I crashed during the last thirty minutes. Hunter was thrilled when the movie ended and I asked him if he wanted to sleep with me. "Really? My can sleep with you?!!! My 'scited mom!!!" We read some books and were both down for the count by 9:15.
This morning the boys treated me as they both slept in till about 7:30 or so. We hung around the house till after Nathanael's morning nap, had the last of the pasta for lunch (along with some chunks of banana that Nathanael FINALLY ate without wincing with disgust and spewing it out WOOO HOOOO!), and headed out to Kmart for the double/triple coupon deals.
Here's a pic of what I got: $95 before q's and $13.36 after. 

After Kmart today we headed to Livingston Regional park to dine on our Wendy's $1 menu fare and enjoyed some messy playtime in the rock sand pit. Hunter had to sit in time out for the first little while as he's been having a hard time sharing with his brother. After playing for about an hour or so we headed home for baths and bedtime.
Absence is, indeed, making my heart grow fonder. Josh soo needed this time away for a little while as he's been really stressed about work, hours being cut, overtime disappearing and taking the seargant's exam in late June. I'm praying that the Lord really gives him an awesome time of refreshment and renewal. I'm also praising Him that things have been going well as I take care of the boys solo for a little while. My boys have been given such a wonderful daddy. We miss him so much and can't wait for him to get home!!
As I'm thinking warm and fuzzy thoughts about my hubby you can enjoy a few reminiscent pics of him and the boys.
Absence is, indeed, making my heart grow fonder. Josh soo needed this time away for a little while as he's been really stressed about work, hours being cut, overtime disappearing and taking the seargant's exam in late June. I'm praying that the Lord really gives him an awesome time of refreshment and renewal. I'm also praising Him that things have been going well as I take care of the boys solo for a little while. My boys have been given such a wonderful daddy. We miss him so much and can't wait for him to get home!!
As I'm thinking warm and fuzzy thoughts about my hubby you can enjoy a few reminiscent pics of him and the boys.






3 comments:
Oh, I miss little wrinkly babies.
I love the baby pictures. Way to go on the K Mart trip. You totally out did me. I wish I would have bought the Arm N Hammer sprays. Oh well....thanks for being my friend.
Oh Teri- you have such a wonderful attitude. AND, I am all teary-eyed looking at the pictures *sniff, sniff*. Love you - thanks for being my friend, too.
Post a Comment