Wednesday, October 21, 2009

First(ish) Snow

If you remember THIS post, you'll know that what follows technically isn't Hunter's first experience with snow.

However, this was his first care-free time to relish the white stuff without some teenager holding a timer set for 3 minutes and blowing a whistle for him to get off just as he was getting started.

We took a monumental wrong turn in the Smokey Mountains this weekend at my family reunion and ended up at the top of a gloriously cold mountain.

Sheer delight screeched from our car as we drove higher and higher and saw some SNOW!!!!

Daddy showing Nathanael the snow

Daddy risking his life crossing a narrow road to get icicles for Hunter and Nathanael

Nathanael inspecting the fruit of Daddy's labor.

Daddy showing Hunter how to make a snow ball.
Hunter getting ready to nail Daddy with his snowball.

Hunter was interrupted trying to make a snow angel when Josh had him close his eyes so that he could surprise him with the experience of snow falling on his head.

Mommy and Hunter making a mini-snowman.
True love...
...and happiness.

3 comments:

Michele said...

So cute. I love the last picture of Hunter...it's great! I'm glad you all took the time to play in the snow...he'll be talking about that for a while.

Erin said...

I love this!! So much fun!

Amanda said...

Awwwwww that is so cute I almost cried.