Monday, August 5, 2013

June 2013

The month of June was a VERY busy month around here, although I don't have as many pictures as I'd like to have of all the things that happened during this month.

At the beginning of the month we found out that Paw Paw had a boo boo on his pancreas and needed surgery!  Daddy decided that he wanted to be there no matter what, so we waited to hear when the surgery would be.   I was very busy with preparations to tell the Bible story for VBS at our church in the second week of June when  Daddy headed up to WV.  The surgery, while long and complicated, was a success. We were thrilled to have the answer to prayer that it turned out that it was NOT advanced cancer and and Paw Paw is recovering well. 
I missed the opportunity to take pictures of Hunter with his sweet teacher, Mrs. Gilchrist, on the last day of school.  :(  Maybe we'll get a do-over picture sometime in August.  I also missed out on taking pictures of "Colossal Coaster World" VBS at our church.  The boys were each in a class and had a good time.  I got to tell the Bible story about the life of Paul on the big stage with the help of some GREAT high schoolers from the youth group.  It was a very busy, stressful time, but was worth it in the end. 


In the meantime, we took some pictures for a homemade Father's Day trophy for Daddy. 


It's no easy task to get a photo of three, rowdy, rambunctious, goofy, and temperamental boys.  Let me tell you...



On the big day, the boys presented daddy with their trophy.


Then we headed out to Daddy's favorite store:  Bass Pro Shops.  While daddy browsed in peace, the boys and I played on the play pirate ship outside.  When daddy was done shopping, he joined us. 


Then we went to a favorite Mexican restaurant of ours, Senor Tequilas. 


Later on in the month of June, Levi found a bag of apples on the floor that I had yet to put away from a grocery trip.  He snatched one and began eating it. When I tried to take it away, he got VERY upset, so I let him have it and watched him close.  It took him about 30 minutes, but he ate the whole thing!  He's eaten several apples since then and it's a great activity to keep him busy in his high chair for a little while.  I also think it's easy on his gums....as he got FIVE teeth this month!  Yowch!
Levi decided that he really like to wear hats this month as well....



Here is a picture of the lovely fruit bouquet that Miss Betsy sent mommy as a thank you for helping out with VBS.  It was DEEElish!

With three heads of hair to keep up with every 2 months or so, we've decided that the front porch is the most economical place to cut the Pence boys' hair.  This is NOT a favorite activity of the boys, but daddy does a fantastic job!  

During the last part of June we attended a 3-day Classical Conversation Practicum.  I spent time learning about the classical model of home education during the grown-up sessions.  Levi went to nursery "camp".  Nathanael went to play camp and learned some fun Bible verses and hand motions.  And Hunter went to "Geo Drawing Camp" and learned to map the part of the world that he'll be studying next year in CC. 

As always, we spent some fun time playing outside too!
Levi likes going down the slide as long as he has a little help!
I love this next picture!  :)

Levi and Hunter's bike.  He wants to be a big boy sooo bad!
Birdie!!  Up in the air! 
Or maybe it was an airplane??
Whatever it was, it was pretty neat!

Breakfast with macho men.
Levi is thrilled whenever he gets to do whatever the big boys are doing.

No comments: