Our family vacation week started off with a bang when Mommy's email got hacked from some criminals in Nairobi who tricked Mommy into giving them her complicated password on Yahoo.
I
got an email from "Yahoo" saying that my email had been
accessed from various devices and IP addresses and that they suspected my account had been compromised. I had been using my new Ipad to check email, so I foolishly assumed that's what the email was referring to
. I usually don't give those things a second glance as I
know that they're hack scams, but the fact that I just started accessing my email from a different device threw me off. When I clicked on the link to verify things it took me to a
page that looked EXACTLY like the Yahoo sign in page. It
was NOT Yahoo that contacted me and sent me to their page to type in my
password, but crafty ring of hackers who hijacked my account asking all
of my contacts to send money to get me out of the Philippines. The hackers
erased ALL of my contacts, changed my account password recovery info,
and forwarded all of my incoming emails to a new email account that is
one letter off of my email address and are replied to all of my incoming emails
from that account!! They wrote g anyone who emailed me back questioning the validity of
the situation and saying, "Yes! It's really Teri! Please send money!"
The whole ordeal was very embarrassing and a huge headache to fix. A couple weeks later now and I still have people at church stopping to ask me if I got out of the Phillipines okay! UGH!
After we got my email all straightened out, we headed out to a diner to have lunch. Doesn't Daddy look like he had a good time at lunch? Hahaha!!
The crazy Pence boys and me!
Once we got to the pool Daddy and Levi settled in to watch Hunter and Nathanael go off the diving boards.
We tried to get a picture of them both in the air
at the same time.
We tried
and tried
And finally got it!!
We had a great time at the pool!
After the pool we headed to Publix to get a few things. They give out free cookies at Publix and Levi has just started participating in this sweet, kid ritual.
So...Hunter gets a cookie.
and Nathanael gets a cookie.
And I got a cookie!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment