Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Gangstah Commercial

I'd like to interrupt this wholesome Duggar programming with a quick gangster commercial for Hot Springs, AR.

Hot Springs is the home of the Gangster Museum of America. My hubs and I were blessed with a date day whilst in Hot Springs courtesy of my mom. We toured this museum on that day and therefore learned the shady history of the town which once was a gambling and pampering oasis for many gangsters such as Al Capone and Rat Packers such as Sammy Davis. The gangsters and stars flooded the town to partake in the widely known illegal gambling, prostitution, and to soak their STD riddled bodies in the healing waters pumped from a natural spring into one of many hot mineral bath houses that were along Central Avenue.

Nice, huh? Uhhhh....wholesome, too.

In commemoration of this vacation, the boys and I had these pics taken on our last day there. We are, of course, dressed as gangsters and ready for action.

The photographer did a great job considering our two gremlins look AT the camera AND smile simultaneously about .05% of the time these days. Seeing as how she got TWO of these momentous shots (double bonus!!-she caught Nathanael with his hat on too!!), I had to get both. Despite the blurriness of the first one, I was still pleased as punch with how they turned out.


PS - After you click on this last pic and observe up-close the crazed look on Josh's face, feel free to throw out a caption based on what you think was going through his mind as he stared wild-eyed at the camera.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

My comment would not be appropriate for day time TV, so I won't say it!

I love the first picture even if it is a little blurry. It makes it look more realistically old. Nathanael looks so much older than when I saw him last! You gotta post more pictures of them soon!

Jennifer said...

I'll say it for Amanda, "I wish Teri would dress up more often like a sexy tramp...but wait then we may turn out like the Duggers!" :)


cute pics

Art Teacher said...

"If she knew what I was thinking, she wouldn't trust me with a tommy gun!"

or, "did I really just knock on Jim Bob Duggar's door?"

or, "I'm a cop and I'm playing dressup, what is that about?"

or, "cover your eyes boys"

I could keep going, this is kind of fun!

Art Teacher said...

by the way Libs left you a message on my blog!

Michele said...

Hahaha...I LOVED these comments.

Amanda said...

Thanks, Jen!