Monday, July 13, 2009

The lovely, thorough, and ASTOUNDING story PART 2

So...we hopped in the car and with the directions clutched in my hand we drove off in the opposite direction to see what we would find at the Duggar household. Josh Duggar told us that he was pretty sure there would be someone home when we got there.

We drove the amount of mileage that the directions told me to go on the main road and didn't see the road we should have been looking for. So we turned around and stopped at an RV store to ask where the road was. Turns out it was about 3 or 4 miles back where we had come from, so right there we knew that the directions I came up with were not that accurate.

During the drive I called a couple of friends who knew how much my Duggars meant to me to let them know what had happened and asked them to pray for me as I was a nervous and excited wreck. Josh and I both agreed that if we found the house that he would get out first to knock on the door and do the talking while I waited in the van for a verdict. He could conduct himself in a far more appropriate manner at this point. I was beside myself.

We got on the next road and noticed immediately that there were no street signs, but that most of the houses were lovely and had a nice amount of land around them. We drove down a couple of streets guessing based on the directions I had and asked a couple of locals and finally found the right street. We turned where we were told to and drove about a quarter of a mile and saw the house on the right side. First thing we noticed was that the front yard was no where NEAR as big as we thought it would be. The next thing I noticed was the handful of the younger Duggar boys that were riding their skateboards and scooters on the front porch!!! I'd know those Duggar faces anywhere and I recognized them immediately.

I could not believe this was actually happening as we pulled up the driveway. We pulled up right behind their smaller white passenger bus. Josh got out and walked through the sea of skateboarding boys on the front porch and approached the front door. From my vantage point I didn't have a view of the front door because of the bus we were parked behind. I could see just a sliver of Josh's back. Next thing I know Josh backs up and Mr. Duggar himself is listening to Josh talk to him. I can see Josh's hands moving in some explanation and I hold my breath. It seemed like FOREVER, but Mr. Duggar and Josh then started walking on the porch toward our vehicle. "Oh no!!" I thought. "He's just gonna come to the car and say Hi and this car is a wreck!!! I'm soo embarassed!" Mr. Duggar then stopped to talk to one of the boys as Josh continued walking toward me. I rolled down the window and Josh said, "Now don't go crazy honey....but he invited us to come in. Keep it together!"

WHAT??? IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING???? I was so filled with love for my husband at that point for whatever it was he said to Mr. Duggar. What a wonderful guy I have to put up with such a lunatic like me in this quest!!

I jumped out of the car, wrangled the kids real quick, (Josh shut off the engine), and we began walking on the porch toward the front door where Mr. Duggar himself was standing waiting for us!!

To be continued......

6 comments:

laurieintexas said...

TBC.... man you are a writer! This is neat Teri! Thanks for sharing!

laurieintexas said...

lj is Laurieintexas!

Amanda said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! I am on the edge of my seat!!!

I can't believe they're going with the name Mackenzie. I found out they were looking for M names and I suggested Maryn online. I was really hoping they'd pick Maryn. You SHOULD have suggested Maryn. Seriously! :)

Did you give them your blog address? Oh my goodness, what if they click your link to my blog and they read my blog? I know they won't because they are limited internet time, but still. That would be crazy. So I am commenting here: If you are a Duggar, you should definitely read my blog, too. And tell Josh and Anna that Maryn is the best M girl name!

Amanda said...

I going to pee my pants. I love the Duggars. I love your little story about the Bradys and all that, explaining how much the Duggars have meant to you. I bet they appreciated hearing that. You are awesome Teri, and I know they loved you, craziness and all!

Michele said...

I don't know who is making me laugh more at this point, Teri or Amanda! hahaha. You both are great!

Teri...this is fun to read like this. Keep it coming....

Art Teacher said...

You're killing me...love, love, love that this happened to you. Tried to call you today and I got no answer, I need to hear it strait from the horses mouth~