Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Thar she blows!

It's a gigantic snow hill in West Virginia!! And boy did we have a great time sledding down it yesterday!!!

This was only Hunter and Nathanael's second real encounter with snow (we don't count this one, and this one was okay, but nothing big).

What an encounter THIS was! We had an absolute BLAST at our cuzzes in West Virginia on their farm. Hunter whined and cried the first hour or so because the snow wouldn't stop creeping into places he didn't care for, but after he got used to it he went for it!

This was Hunter's favorite sled. He rode on it with his cuz Dylan AND all by himself several times!


Mommy, Hunter, and cuzzes Taylor and Dylan



Josh bought a truck innertube at a local auto parts store. Our whole fam went for a ride on it!
Hunter and Nathanael both have runny noses and some congestion today, so we'll be hanging around the house drinking hot chocolate and tea. Hopefully the boys can recover for tomorrow when we head out again! I am so thankful that my boys had a chance to experience this. Kinda makes the experience last year in Naples seem like nothing more than a passing bad dream. It's hard to beat a West Virginia Christmas!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Ok, I'm a horrible friend. I had no idea you were out of town, I guess that's why you didn't call me back yesterday!hahaha. Was this an impromtu trip?

Anyway....looks like a BLAST! However, I'm freezing in the 50 degree weather here. How on earth would I manage? Have fun!

Art Teacher said...

I think that you all are meant to be West Virginian's. You look great in all that snow. Glad your boys liked it, my child wants nothing to do with it!

Jennifer said...

Fun times!! When are you coming back??