Thursday, June 19, 2008

10 Things I am Thankful For

I am a follower. Therefore, thanks to Carly and Jenn S., I would like to post ten things I am thankful for:



1. My Car
When I first moved down to FL about 11 years ago I did not have wheels and had to take the bus for a year or so until I got enough money to buy a junker. The junker (a 1983 Ford LTD) only started about 50% of the time when I turned the key. My Honda, however, starts 99.9% of the time. For that I am really thankful.






2. My Husband's Job
He is a deputy for Collier County. He works in the public schools during the school year and as an undercover guy looking for juvenile hooligans making trouble during the summer. In today's economy he has one of the few jobs that is secure and he's always able to scrape up some overtime so that we can stay afloat financially.




3. My Nursing Cover

Kinda strange, I know, but when you're nursing a baby it stinks to have to miss out on the company of others around you and go hide somewhere when you have to nurse. This thing has been great and I highly recommend it. I don't know how I lived without it before I got it.


4. The Family Birth Center of Naples
I had both of my baby boys there and it was the best place ever to have a baby. My friend Carly recently had to move to another state that has no free-standing birth centers. Luckily she has found a hospital that will allow her to have a midwife attended birth, but she's still sad she can't have her baby at our birth center here in Naples.
Hunter


Nathanael




5. My Mom
She drives me nuts most of the time (as do I her) but she's smart, creative, loves me unconditionally, and an awesome Grandma to my boys. When I became a mom my appreciation for her grew immensely thinking about her being so young and still raising me as well as she did.


6. My Health

Cliché, I know, but I hear of stories nearly every day of people I know or friends of people I know suffering from painful and debilitating illnesses.

7. Camp Beechpoint

My mom and her brothers and sisters went here for summer camp when they were kids and my brother and I went when we were old enough too! Here I learned the true meaning of the Gospel pure and simple from Moody Bible Institute students as our camp counselors and developed the foundation of my faith in my Saviour, Jesus Christ. I hope I can send my sons there someday.

8. Clean, Running Water

Man..I know it's kinda silly to say that, but after going on a few mission trips to 3rd world countries, I am SO thankful to have access anytime I want to clean, running water. It comes out whenever I turn on the faucet and even gets hot when I want to take a shower! :)

9. My Boys
God knew exactly who I needed for a husband and who I needed to be my children. He is using all three of these men in my life to make me more like Him everyday!



10. Jesus isn't through with me yet!

I am tempted constantly to listen to the enemy's thoughts about my failures and falters in my Christian walk. But, I know that I know that I know that He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it. AMEN!




4 comments:

Michele said...

It was great to see you today too. I enjoyed reading your 10 things. Are you staying home with the boys this school year...or just for the summer? I didn't know Carly had to move...to bad, I know she was excited about having the baby at the birth center.
Thanks for writing on my blog...and we'll get together soon.

Erin said...

Hey girl! Yes, I love Phyllis. She is so sweet and very knowledgeable like you said. Plus I love it that she is tailoring the class to those of us who are going to the hospital (there are 2 couples) and giving us some good tips and what to ask for, etc. I thought I would feel really awkward, like the only ones who weren't at the birth center...but everyone is so nice and so supportive. I def think I'll go there with my 2nd preg if all goes well. It was more Dan that was really nervous about NOT going to the hospital...so I figured we would give it a go. The pool is fixed now...whew! I was thinking WHAT am I going to do? I have been swimming just about every day. It feels good to get some exercise and do some aerobics. Plus, I just feel good in the pool. Phyllis said it's one of the best things you can do. Little Hope has been moving around like crazy!!! IT's so fun to feel her. We got our nursery done! Can you believe it? 3 months early! I love her nursery. :) Great to be in touch with you!

Jennifer said...

Hey I want to come and hang out with you...let me know when I can come by next week!

That is AMAZING about Nate! I am sure that make you sleep better at night!

Jen

NaplesRhonda said...

Hey Teri. Thanks for the comment you left me. I just checked out your blog and added you a a link on mine. I love keeping up with what's going on with people this way. It's awesome. Yes, I'd love the four of us to do dinner one night. Anytime.
And our house is open to yall too...anytime!!! Deep discussions and all. Love you all.