Eating healthy is not a prominent idea in the mindset of West Virginians, and so my husband has vacillated between tolerance and annoyance at my obsession with healthy eating. HOWEVER, much to my surprise, he has agreed to do a detox diet from the book and is allowing me to fix and control every morsel entering his mouth for the next 7 days. I'm doing it too, but eating a little more stuff because I'm nursing. I don't know what my problem is, but I love that he's letting me do this to him and it's a hoot watching him eat what he refers to as "dog food" and "cow cud" willingly! Joy of joys! What IS my problem, anyway?
So, detoxing can sometimes cause you to feel really crappy for a few days as your body rids itself of toxins. Josh is taking a nap right now and in all seriousness swears that he has not felt so weak in years and it's all because of all the nutritiousness I've made him eat today. This coming from a man who considers Coke Zero to be health food. Here's what we've eaten/done today:
- 8:15 AM - Warm water with half a squeezed lemon and a cup of nettle tea
- 8:25 AM - Half hour walk up and down our street with the boys
- 9:00 AM - Breakfast - 1 1/2 pints of blueberries with a handful of raspberries mixed in
- 10:15 AM - Snack of a cupful of steamed almonds and 3 celery stalks
- 11:00 - 12:00 - Josh mows the lawn and weed eats outside while sweating his tushie off
- 12:15 PM - Lunch - Plain tuna fish with a squeeze of lemon and fresh dill on a bed of spinach with 6 cherry tomatoes on top.
- 1:00 - Nap - He says he feels awful and that the nutrient overload is destroying his liver.
3 comments:
Wahoo!!!!! You have a blog! I love it. All my friends are getting them and it is making me so excited! I'm homeless right now waiting for Kevin to come back from and England and for house to be ready. My number is still the same and I would love to talk to you about my midwife mishaps. I think that I have finally found one. When I got my new phone I lost your numbers so give me a call when you ahve a spare moment and all tell you ll about it!
Great job at getting Josh to detox with you. You were the one who got me on the health food kick. I've never felt better minus my recent accident (read my blog to check out my stupidity).
Good job on the blog....
TERI! I am so excited that you have a blog. NOw I can keep up with you and visa versa! We have one too: www.herrenbruck.blogspot.com. HOw are you doing? I just hit the 26 week mark and am doing well. I cannot wait for September to come. We are going to the Birthing classes at The Birth Center with Phyllis. Since I am going to try and go natural I wanted to go there for the classes at least. We are on our way to our second class tonight! Fill me in on you. :)
Post a Comment