Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What I want but can't afford

Disclaimer: I would like to apologize in advance for the utter shallowness of the first part of this post.

Man, I LOVE to spend lots of time (mostly when the house is a wreck and I don't feel like cleaning) looking at stuff online that I'd like to buy. I think that online shopping has taken addicted internet surfers combined with shopping issues (like myself) to a whole new level of sickness. But I rationalize this. Men hunt. Women shop. Right? That's how it is in my house anyway. When a good period of time goes by that I haven't bought something besides groceries, I start to get really antsy and spending way too much time online looking at stuff. The problem is that right now we are totally B - R - O - K - E, but it doesn't stop me from really wanting this stuff even though I don't need it:

Mom4Life.com
Oh..I could buy so much stuff from this site. Go there and you'll see why. I'm such a sucker for pregnancy/baby stuff. And it's ALL free shipping AND the owner is an awesome Christian. I got my nursing cover here.

BABYLEGS!
Soooooo cute. I can just see little Nathanael in these right now and have been thinking about them constantly.


Unique features of BabyLegs (According to the Site):
- BabyLegs protect you little ones sweet little legs from wind burn and chill.
- Feet remain free to allow for successful crawling, walking and dancing.
- With BabyLegs, crawlers can roam free without rug burn!
- They help keep socks on!
- They fit most newborns through size 10 !
- They help make diaper changes a breeze
- BabyLegs keep legs warm year round
- Make a fun fashion statement with styles for every occasion with BabyLegs!







...and for Carly and Kev's Libby:






I really like this Dyson made especially for kids and pet hair, but any old Dyson would do...



Sony DCR-DVD610 DVD Handycam Camcorder
Our camcorder broke a week before Nathanael was born. This one is the one I've been coveting since then. The price has gone up like, $50 since I first saw it 3 months ago. Ooooohh that burns me like nothing else. Doesn't it just eat you alive when you know you could have gotten something for cheaper? What is wrong with me?????



And then I see stuff that other moms have and I'm like, oh...I want that too. Like I'm in middle school or something and I'm trying to be cool and wear Guess jeans and have the ankles on them rolled all tight and flat like all the popular girls. Do you know what I'm talking about? My jeans never rolled flat, by the way. They always had a big, bumpy, dorky roll that looked like I was hiding a matchbox car in there or something.


This is what I saw on that cute mom of quadruplets' blog that Erin's blog has a link to. (Gosh that girl seems to have it together, doesn't she?) And I was like, "Oh...I have to have one too!":




George Carlin, that foul-mouthed, atheist comedian who just died this past Sunday, did a bit called "Stuff". It was all about how we Americans were so into our stuff that we have to buy bigger and bigger houses just to hold all of our stuff which led to buying more stuff to take care of our bigger houses and so on and so on. It was actually really funny and true! He was really reiterating what we as Christians already know when we read Ecclesiastes. This life is a vapor. It'll be gone before you know it. The only thing that will matter when we die is how we impacted the world for His Kingdom. Now George Carlin, the guy who used to make fun the God he didn't believe in and how He was supposedly running His world, has met His maker and knows that he does, indeed, exist. And I know that God said to him, "Depart from me. I never knew you." I really pray that God would get my head out of the gutter over all of the dumb stuff that I covet and help me keep my life productive for His purposes so that He would never have to say that to me.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Loved your post and so true about Carlin. It's okay to want things :) Just as long as it doesn't consume you, right? And just as long as we don't buy everything we want. We are getting ready to buy a video camera. Maybe I should look into your little beauty!

Michele said...

I'm glad I finally have a link to the place you got your cover up. I glanced (quickly...I'll look more later) Some of the names made me laugh like "slurp n burp" and "hooter hider" hahah.