
We formally dedicated Nathanael this weekend at church. If you're wondering what a dedication is, I shall now tell you all about it!! A dedication is simply making a commitment to teach your child God's ways and pray that they come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as quickly as possible. We've been praying (and doing) these things for our little gift from God from before he was even born. However, doing it in front of our church gives us more of a feeling of accountability and support now that our church family heard us publicly proclaim our intentions in parenting Nathanael. Truly, nothing else matters in our parenting unless our two little boys grow to have a heart that loves, serves, and obeys Jesus.You can watch the video of the Saturday night service here. I think the dedication happens within the first 10 minutes or so. Our good friends, the Reardens, dedicated their sweet baby Hannah on the same night, so that was pretty cool! We cut Nathanael's hair a little bit and Josh fixed it with some gel and everything! Pretty spiffy, huh?
Here's a picture of Hunter last night asleep on the couch sitting straight up! We'd been up late the night before because we went out to dinner with our BLG after the baby dedication. Then yesterday my dad and his kids along with some BLG friends with their little girl were over playing and having fun. Hunter didn't get his usual nap and ended up like this by 7:00. He was really out cold. It was pretty funny.
And finally......my dad is working on our new PLAY KITCHEN!!!!! Woo hoo!! Remember this little number that I put together many months ago? Hunter enjoyed it so much that we requested my father, a skilled and seasoned carpenter, build one for the boys for Hunter's 3rd birthday, Christmas '08, and Nathanael's 1st birthday, AND Easter '09. It's been like pulling teeth getting it started, but we're finally underway!!!Months back my dad and I put our heads together and with much perusing on the web of kitchen options, we decided to use this kitchen as our inspiration.

I'm happy to say that we have the bones for the fridge and sink completed this past weekend with the stove and finishing touches to be completed next weekend.
I'm really struggling on how to finish this. It's going to require a TON of sanding and tlc to finish it correctly. I really like the stained color of the kitchen we're modeling after, but I also really like the color of the wood natural.Hunter's (and mine and Josh's) favorite color is green, so I'd also considered doing something a little like this for the finish. That way I wouldn't have to stain the whole set, just the sides or something. I don't know. Ughhh.
Decisions, decisions..... I'd love your input if you care to share.




4 comments:
We love hockey games. We used to go Florida Panther games all the time (free tickets from a customer), but the guy we know doesn't buy season tix anymore:-( So, we haven't been to a game in a while. So cool that Hunter and Josh went together.
Your dedication pictures are great (and I'm glad the one of all of us turn out so well!)
About the kitchen. First of all...it's AMAZING!!!! I'm stuck with you though on the finish. It would be lots of work, time and elbow grease. Also...would it scratch if the boys slam cars or wood tools, or whatever into it? That would probably annoy you. I think I might keep it natural for those reasons. And, I do love the idea of highlighting some areas with the green paint. Really cool! Good luck. I'm glad it's under way.
When your dad finishes the one for the boys can he start on one for Libby? Better yet, can Libby marry one your sons, b/c that would eliminate her need for a kitchen to learn to cook in, b/c your boys will already know how to b/c of their fantastic kitchen!
I think that it is going to be awesome.
Do you know what kind of stain you're thinking of using? Is there stain out now that doesn't have that awful smell?
Hi friend...
1. LOVE the new Spring pics - man, the boys are getting so big and they are too too too cute! Also, the one of you and Josh is very chic -- :) you stunning couple, you!
2. so glad to hear all went well at n's baby dedication. it's such an awesome step! we dedicated hope back in november and it was wonderful. we have such a high calling, don't we? but i am so honored God chose US!
3. that kitchen is to die for. i want one. i second what carly said, i mean, your boys are totally already going to know how to do everything. how special will that be to pass down through other generations. hm, i think i would probably stain it. only b/c i feel like it will last longer... but that's just my opinion... and it's not really worth much HA! but i love the accent of color too. whatever you go with will be very cool!
Post a Comment