You have brought us so much joy to us in every stage of your life. I know that I have made mistakes and am not the perfect mommy, but I want you to know that I am doing my best to raise you in a way that will honor God.
We love you so much it hurts sometimes and we are so thrilled to be your mommy and daddy.

I am in awe of the precious gifts the Lord has given you as He made you and formed you in His image.

Beautiful, sparkling blue eyes.
Those eyebrows that jump up and light up your whole face when you get excited about something.


The way that you look up to your big brother (and stand up to him too!)
Your determination.
The way you started growling at 3 or 4 months old and still LOVE to growl to this day!

I am so thankful for so many things about you.








But most of all…I am so thankful for your zest for life!


The way you approach mundane things with such tremendous enthusiasm! Like when it’s time to brush your teeth and your run screaming into the bathroom and yell, “TEETH! TEETH! TEETH!” and I just can’t get the toothpaste on your brush fast enough!!
And when we pick you up from the nursery at church and you shriek when you see us in the window and run as fast as you can to grab your bag off the hook. And you pull it and pull it until it comes off And you run and point to the window where I'm looking at you and scream, "MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY!And the teachers smile and laugh and can't believe that a little boy could love his mommy that much!!
Or when you know it’s time for TV time and you jump up onto the couch and say, “YAY!!! WATCH!!!”
Or if you even hear the word “cookie” in a conversation you immediately tense up with excitement and yell, “COOKAY!!!!!”
And when it’s bath time!! Forget it! Nearly every night you try to jump into the bathtub with your clothes and shoes on and it’s everything I can do to hold you back. You, my friend, are one excited boy!!!

More than mommy and daddy put together!!! It’s our hope and prayer that you come to know this love of our Father as soon as you are able to fully understand it.
We pray most of all that you would accept His gift of love through the sacrifice of His son on the cross and enjoy a loving and forever relationship with Him! That is the reason you are here!

You are two years old now! And while you have given Mommy and Daddy a run for our money at times, we feel so incredibly blessed to have you for a son.
It is such a privilege to watch you grow and see you become a strong and courageous boy.




We want the best for you, son! But most of all we want you to love, serve, and obey God with all of your heart, soul, and mind. Bring glory to Him with all that you do. Really, nothing else matters in life except for that, Nathanael.
So Happy 2nd Birthday Nathanael Clark Pence.
The world is waiting and watching and we expect big things from you!
We love you!!!



2 comments:
Awe....How Sweet!
Happy Birthday Nathanael!!!!
That was beautiful, Teri! I love that picture of him in the Bumbo sitting with Hunter. LOL soooo adorable!
Post a Comment