Confession: The guest room in which I sit right now (and where my cuz Mark will sleep) is a rip-roaring mess.
Confession: I should be cleaning it right now instead of being on this computer doing what I have been doing for the past 45 minutes.
Fact: Nathanael's 2nd birthday is in 8 days.
Fact: We threw a huge shindig for his first birthday last year.
Confession: We are having a considerably smaller choo choo affair this year with just a couple of his and Hunter's closest boy partners in crime.
Fact: Despite the fact that it will be small, the four rowdy guests in attendance will still get to try their hand at destroying this whilst it hangs from the rafters of the pavillion at our new/old pad:
Confession: I'm pretty sure I spelled whilst wrong...or used it incorrectly...hmm...Confession: I have spent a couple of hours last night and a little while this morning indulging myself in window shopping for his birthday...even though I already purchased his present. Here are some of my faves:






Fact: You can visit the product of my self-indulgence and poor use of time here on his wishlist.Confession: Kodak Easyshare software drives me crazy. I hate it. I have been waiting over fifteen minutes for my pictures to download and it froze. Then..I had to restart it. And wait a whole bunch longer. All in all it's taken well over an hour and a half. UGH!
Fact: I planned to have brown beans, cornbread, and collard greens for supper tonight.
Confession: I haven't even soaked the beans yet and I don't know if it's really gonna happen or not.
Hope: Maybe Hunter can rustle something up for dinner instead as he's been playing "restaurant" with his food and kitchen stuff all morning. If it's good enough for bunny, it's good enough for us.
Fact: I have about 10 pounds of FRESH, NATURAL lard in my fridge that I plan on rendering myself today. Soo excited about that! If I can figure it out , any future cornbread made in this house is gonna be over the top with deliciousness.
Fact: My boys are best buds this morning. For the most part. Except when Nathanael nailed Hunter square on the forehead with the lid of a wooden pot. He proceeded to say, "Shoerry..." and then gave his brother a hug and a kiss. Awwwww.....

3 comments:
I love the "shoerry." How adorable. Can't wait to see them.
Maryn LOVES choo-choos, too. Don't all kids? There are lots of trains here. At least one goes right by our playground every time we're there. Maybe we'll have a train party for her 2nd birthday. Better than a Princess party, right?
They are such cutie pies. I've never soaked beans or done anything with lard in my entire life and I hope I never will.
Soooo....No Dumpster Diving this year? Schucks!
I love the Melissa and Doug shape sorter thing. I spent to much time checking that stuff out yesterday. I wish my family would utilize Things I want. I keep trying to show them how easy it is, but they basically refuse to:-(
And I agree with grandma..."Shoerry" is way to cute!
Post a Comment