Do you see this??? YES! You are seeing correctly! My 23-month-old has completed his first successful poo poo on the potty! YAY Nathanael!
Since our first success on Thursday we have had 4 or 5 completions and about the same number in misses. Saturday we skipped, so we've really only been at it for four days now. And I would say that he's had his diaper off for a total of about 10 hours or so. Just a little bit each day.I'm aware that there are many more efficient techniques I could be using than on again and off again...and you can read about one that I really enjoyed HERE, but we've been really busy and I haven't had the focus yet to really hunker down and git-'er done. I will soon.
I have a bunch of parade candy left over from the Naples Christmas Parade and it serves it's function as a treat for Nathanael when he goes on the potty. Hunter gets the candy treats for the 15 minutes of phonics and reading that we do every day.
I tried doing a sticker chart with Hunter when he was training but found it wasn't really effective. I wish I would have thought of the candy thing. It's not much. Just like, ONE smartie or ONE startburst or ONE small tootsie roll.
On a side note, Hunter started going poo poo on the potty at 17 months. He wasn't TOTALLY potty trained till about 2 1/2. Yes. I'm a glutton for punishment. But, he was in daycare at the time and I was working as a teacher. So the potty parties happened only when we were home together. It was pretty easy with him because he was VERY predictable when he would go and he was really compliant. It really helped the money situation with Hunter potty training so early as he was also a very BIG boy (always off the charts) and I had to special order size 7 pampers for him off of the internet when he was 18 months old. Really. He also had wicked diaper rash and him going on the potty really helped prevent that.
"We interrupt this blanket time due to some auditory turbulence."
Yes. The 1982 movie "Annie" is my secret weapon with Nathanael. I turn that on as needed throughout the day whenever I need total silence and stillness.It works.
Like a charm.
For REALS.
I ain't playin'.
Not my idea with the on the couch placement here. Totally his doing. I guess it adds to the cushy comfort that he's going for?
Way to go, Nathanael! We might be a long way from perfection, but at least we can see the finish line! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you!In other news I have recently purchased these and these and they have very much spurred a renewed sense of motivation within me to get on the Fly Lady bandwagon again.
Oh my! MY! MY! These purple microfiber rags have amazed me in the 24 hours that I have used them. The most amazement has come from how well they wash windows and shine stainless steel and chrome with just getting them a little damp with WATER! Just water! No vinegar, soap, windex, NOTHIN'! Pretty fun new toy/tool for me! It might just give me enough oompf to stay on top of my routines for a week! Maybe more!!!

The days of the week dishtowels satisfy that messy and disheveled little girl inside me who longs for order and routine. So far so good as my Monday dish towel is folded and drying neatly next to my just-dried-out-and-shiny-sink from lunch a little while ago.
Happy Monday!


No comments:
Post a Comment