Friday, November 28, 2008

Hog-a-licous

I'm working on several posts. I have so much to share!!!!!! But first, this is from last weekend. Josh went hunting at a friend's ranch in Immokalee and got two hogs! One on Saturday that he donated to a family in Immokalee and one on Sunday that he brought home to us. Here are the photos of Josh skinning it and all that other gross stuff (close your eyes if you don't want to see), also a video of Hunter telling me all about it afterwards. He was really intrigued and wanted to talk about it. If you are bothered by watching a pure and sweet, innocent child slowly morphing into a little redneck before your eyes, then please don't watch the video.










Here is his ham that Josh marinated in pineapple juice and then smoked all day on Thanksgiving. Today he's shredding it up for pork sandwiches and covering it in barbeque sauce. I tasted it, and although I usually feel I'm eating something on Fear Factor when I try stuff that he's killed, I have to say that this pork tasted pretty good. Mmmmmm......

3 comments:

Art Teacher said...

I am cracking up at this post. Are you filming Hunter while he is on the potty? and are there pictures of how to potty next to the potty? :)

Michele said...

hahaha...I love that he's on the potty. Thanks Hunter for the explaination on guns and shooting pigs.

Renee said...

Exactly what Carly said...those are my words.