Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving & Santa's Wonderland at Basspro

We had a lovely Thanksgiving day. My dad was supposed to come over for dinner, but he ended up getting sick so it was just us. Hunter ate dinner in his underwear and I served it on paper plates. Ahhhhhh....It usually really matters to me that we have a formal Thanksgiving served on china and the whole shebang. This year, however, I just didn't care. I've got so much work right now between the two kids and keeping the house clean that I wanted as little work as possible. We had a mix of organic stuff and non-organic. I have been inspired by others' beautiful descriptions of their meal (Check out my blogger friend Mrs. Albee's menu....to DIE FOR and...my friend Jen's too) So, I shall now list what we had. Nothing special. I kept it pretty simple:

- Small Turkey (not organic from Sam's Club, but all poultry is hormone free..not sure about antibiotics, though)
- Steamed green beans (organic from Publix)
- Sweet Potato Casserole (organic yams from the co-op, the rest of the recipe was not organic)
- Mashed Potatoes (organic potatoes from the co-op, and the rest was pretty much organic)
- Fresh Cranberry Sauce (organic cranberries from the co-op, the rest was not organic)
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (you can think they were organic to make me feel better if you want but they were on sale with a coupon....duh!)
-Publix Cheapy Pumpkin Pie w/coupon whip cream
-Albertson's Box Stuffing - a crime...I know

The best part of the day was heading off to Santa's Wonderland at Basspro shops in the late afternoon. It was not busy at ALL and the boys had a lovely time. You can see the FREE picture the boys took with Santa at the bottom of my last post. I highly recommend anyone with kids going there. It's all free and they have a great set-up! Hunter and his dad were in heaven with all of the games they had.










I'm trying to upload some videos, but they're giving me some trouble. I'll try again in the next post.

5 comments:

The Old Life said...

your boys are precious! and i'm so proud of your mostly organic meal! GO YOU!!! love all your deals! :)

Erin said...

your meal sounds great! mmm! i hope you are having a wonderful day, friend!

The Old Life said...

p.s.s
forgot to say thanks for talking about my meal!!!
i'm trying to think up new gluten free ideas or things with alternative starches, hope you enjoy!
Take Care!

ps
i need your secrets on being the CVS pro!

Laura said...

um... I am not sure where the Sunshine is out in the Estates. We have trees at the ones on Davis, Rattlesnake, Gulfshore, and Pine Ridge, or you can get them to me at my office (Greetree Professional Center,) or you can bring them to any Moe's. No problem.

Um, Hooray for Batterblaster... make a better breakfast faster, batterblaster.

Yes, I would love to shop with you, so I can buy Ove Gloves... name the time and place, and I will be there

Amanda said...

Teri,

Please do come to our Christmas Cookie Exchange!!! Your kids are welcome! We have a cute little playroom, too, and Kara is bringing Christopher. No worries, mate. As long as you have time to make cookies. I think you'll only need to make three dozen.