Sunday, September 15, 2013

Are you ready for some football?

Um...NO.  Not really.  I'm not really ready for some football.
The truth is that football season wreaks havoc on our lives like nothing else.  Between it and very important and essential church activities we are down to only one evening a week to spend together as a family.  I kinda, really DON'T like it. 
So, that's mommy's take on it.

Daddy and the boys, however, have a completely different take on it.

This being his first year, Nathanael (#47) is all:
 "Lemme at 'em!"
"Get me in the game so I can hurt somebody!"
"GRRRRRRRRRR"
"I'm gonna kick your butt!"
"I wanna eat somebody's face off!"
And this being his third year playing, but first year as a quarterback, Hunter (#45) is all:
"Does this helmet make me look cool?"
"Check it. I've got this three point stance down!"
"I'm hot and sweaty and I really don't want to get tackled.  
Dad, can you buy me some of those pads for my arms for when I get tackled?"
"I sure am glad I have this mouth piece.  The more protective gear the better for me!!"
"I think I'm gonna throw up."
And this is Levi's first year watching TWO big brothers play football at once.  And he's all,
"Boy!  You guys are sooo cool.  I can't wait till I can be a big kid just like you guys!"

"Eeeeeesh!"  (Cheese)
And Daddy's all,
"Man, at first I was really annoyed about getting roped into this.  But, now it's getting pretty fun!  And now I can't really concentrate on anything else except for coming up with trick plays for you guys to WIN!"  
"This is great family time with my boys.  I'm having a blast!"
The boys are on the black team.  Our first game was Saturday, September 7th.  Daddy had to work that day, but took off a couple of hours to come to the game.  Nathanael blocked on the offensive line like a boss.  Hunter was quarterback on and off for the first half and had a couple of good drives running the ball and threw a beautiful completed pass.  When all of the pressure caught up with him at halftime, his nerves and stomach got the better of him and he sat out the second half.

When daddy first started coaching this team he was skeptical.  While we, sadly, lost our first game the good news is that the score was 12 to 13!  We only lost by one point!!!  The future looks brighter than it originally did for this reluctant-to-coach daddy and his boys!!!  Who knows what next week's game will bring!?

No comments: