I had a hard time focusing on the first game last week with Levi needing so much attention and wanting to play with a ball of his own like his brothers. This week I didn't want to miss the opportunity to document the game in case something major happened, so I found a couple of helpful sisters of brother football players to play with him during the game. I gave them $5 for their trouble and it turns out that it was some of the best $5 I've spent as I was able to catch some VERY exciting moments in the game!!!
The big boys in the car on the way to the 7:30 am pre-game practice.
Setting up some plays before the game starts.
Our very own QB, Hunter Pence!
And the game begins!!! Keepin' my eyes on #47 and # 45!!!
Water break. Coach Daddy is on it.
Huddle with Daddy telling Hunter what to do.
Levi and his babysitters walked around the field on the track a couple of times. They kept him happy by feeding him skittles and dunkin donut munchkins. :) Whatever works!!
After recording some 20 plays on my IPad, by God's grace I was able to catch this play perfectly!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It only lasts 12 seconds but it's gonna be a lifelong memory!!
Hunter's very first touchdown!!!! I have to admit that I was speechless and just laughed and laughed!! I couldn't believe it!!
Here's a picture of him right after he scored. Too cool for school!
There were only a couple plays after Hunter scored.
Here's a great little clip showing what a great blocker Nathanael is!
He's #47 on the end.
Last play of the game. Hunter gets tackled by about 15 kids (including his own, over-zealous little brother) and you can see some Levi happiness in the background. Hahaha!! I love this!
The final score on the scoreboard. Black team (wearing white jerseys that day) WINS!!!
The post-game handshake.
The victors!!!
What I love about the league that Hunter and Nathanael play in at our church is that there's a big emphasis on character development in the players. Here the outreach directors are talking to the boys about the theme of this week: choosing your friends wisely.
Nathanael and one of his very good friends who was playing on the other team, Nicholas. You can see another picture of them together at the end of this post.
The boys listening intently to the coaches talk about friends.
Post-game pep talk from Coach Pence.
He told them how proud he was of them and how well they played, but how they still have a lot to work on before next week's game. :)
Everybody's hand in! Go Black!!
Sweet Hadassah and the other little gal who babysat Levi and made it possible for me to catch Hunter's touchdown on video. So grateful for these two!
Way to go Hunter!!! We are so proud of you and can't wait to see what else you can show us on the field as you work hard to develop character and use the gifts and talents the Lord's given you for His Glory!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment